Warrenton Bible Fellowship (WBF) began as a home Bible study in 1979 at the home of Guy and Leslie Farley. After experiencing steady growth over a number of years and meeting in a variety of schools and other meeting places, WBF moved into its current location in the center of Warrenton. WBF purchased its current building in 1991. It was originally erected in 1912 and served as a Methodist church until 1985. WBF acquired the attached townhouse in 1997.
WBF became part of the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA) in 2003. The EFCA is an organization of autonomous churches and provides many resources without the top-heavy structure characteristic of many church organizations. With a history of more than 200 years, the EFCA is a growing association with more than 1,700 churches in the U.S.
WBF has seen a lot of growth over the years including a church plant, Hope Christian Fellowship, in 2005. We've expanded our ministries, including The Gathering Sundays at 6 p.m., and we're looking forward to what God has for us in the coming years.
More recently, we have had the blessing of welcoming a Spanish speaking congregation, Mision Cristiana Emanuel Church, into our facility on Sunday afternoons at 2:30 p.m. We're energized and excited about working alongside these brothers and sisters to help them grow in the Lord and reach out into our community.
Our current charge is to equip and strengthen the body of Christ to do the work of expanding the kingdom of God.
WBF has grown from a small church in a relatively rural area into an increasingly diverse and growing congregation in a bustling commuter community. We're dedicated to the preaching of God's Word and the authority of the Scriptures, and to reaching into our neighborhoods to see Jesus lifted up.